Tenant Advice is a weekly meeting of tenants, occupiers and activists. It is a place to learn about the law, and stand in solidarity together to prevent and resist unlawful evictions and unfair landlord practices.
Nobody can take responsibility for your eviction, but we can walk the journey with you. We believe there is no shame in eviction because it is a systemic problem caused by lack of decent housing.
Every week we meet to welcome new members who are facing struggles, tell our stories and share experiences and solutions that work. We write letters, we record court dates and we plan resistance and support activities.
- Woodstock Tenant Advice meets at Cissie Gool House opposite the Greek Orthodox Church on 36 Mountain Road every Thursday at 7 pm.
- Sea Point Tenant Advice meets at 1 Beach Road, Green Point every Thursday at 7 pm.
- Our members provide support at the Magistrates Court to tenants facing eviction every morning from Tuesday to Friday.
Anybody can attend if you are:
- You’re facing an eviction
- Your landlord is treating you unfairly
- You want to learn more about your rights
- You have advice to share
- You want to stand in solidarity with other tenants
Find more resources and pamphlets on our resources page.